Opioid use is increasing dramatically, which can have deadly effects on law enforcement and first responders that are exposed to them. According to the United States Drug Enforcement Administration,
Any substance suspected to contain fentanyl should be treated with extreme caution as exposure to a small amount can lead to significant health-related complications, respiratory depression, or death.
The Sentry Shield - EP is an Extra Protection kit that provides increased moderate protection where suspected opioid materials may be present. The full coverall kit with goggles P100 respirator and two pair of nitrile gloves provides the greatest protection of all the Sentry Shield kits. For higher threat levels additional respiratory protection may be required.
The Sentry Shield line of personal protective kits protects law enforcement officers and first responders from white powdery substances that could contain fentanyl, carfentanil, or other powerful opioid-based substances. These personal protection kits range in coverage: Quick Protection, Standard Protection, and Extra Protection and are based on the severity of exposure levels responders may encounter.
In all situations, employers must identify hazards to which their workers might be exposed and provide appropriate PPE to protect them.
Sentry Shield SP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit (LE4030)
- For a moderate exposure response where suspected small amounts of opioid materials may be present.
- Use examples include pre-hospital care, law enforcement routine duties, or investigations and evidence collection.
- Contains extra-thick 8 mil gloves.
- The dark blue protective garment and black gloves discretely blend in with dark uniforms and show the presence of white contaminants.
- Configuration based on the recommendations of the National Institutes of Occupational Safety & Health (NIOSH), the US Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), and the Interagency Board.
- TAA compliant or other custom accommodations available.
- One size fits most.
Each Sentry Shield SP - Powdered Substance Defense Kit Contains:
- Barrier Protective Garment
- Made of polyethylene
- Welded seams
- Liquid impermeable
- Thumb loops and waist ties
- P100 Respirator
- Exhalation valve
- Size: M/L
- Safety Glasses
- Over-the-glasses (OTG) style
- ANSI Z87.1-2000, CSA Z94.3 compliant
- Black Nitrile 8 Mil Gloves (2)
- 12" long extended cuff
- Size XL
- Powder free
- Contaminated Clothing Bag
- (3) Warning Labels "Possible Contamination with Unknown Hazardous Substance"
- Use to seal Contaminated Clothing Bag