Decon in a Bag is an ideal decontamination kit for responders and facilities with limited HazMat decontamination resources.
Each decon kit contains all the necessary equipment for simple, yet effective decontamination. In general, removing and bagging the victim’s clothing removes over 80% of the contaminants. With Decon in a Bag, you have all the supplies to perform gross field decontamination in a convenient portable vinyl bag.
The objective of gross decontamination is to minimize the effects of the contaminant on the patient as well as decrease the exposure risk to others. Sometimes complete decontamination in the field is not possible. A variety of factors such as adverse weather conditions, lack of privacy, water availability, the type of contaminant and responder safety may influence your ability to thoroughly decontaminate. Having Decon in a Bag on hand in your vehicle or at your facility will strengthen your emergency response capabilities
- Decontamination kit works to minimize the effects of the contaminant on the patient as well as decrease the exposure risk to the responder
- Removing and bagging the victim’s clothing removes over 80% of the contaminants and minimizes the risk of spreading the toxic agent to others after exposure to a hazardous chemical, radioactive contamination source or terrorist attack
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) shields personnel from contact with hazardous materials. Although no combination of PPE guards against all hazards, the equipment selected should provide as much protection as possible to the skin, eyes, face, hands, feet and respiratory tract.
- Waterproof decontamination instructions and Standard Operating Procedures to serve as an easy reference guide
- Heavy-duty vinyl carry bag
- (1) Decon Wand
- 2.5gpm output (9.5 lpm)
- 44.5" x 6" x 2.5" (113cm x 15cm x 6cm)
- (1) Compact Water Supply Hose - 50' (15m) length
- (2) Splash Protection Kits for responders
- One hooded DuPont™ Tychem® 2000 coverall with sewn seams and integrated booties
- Nitrile gloves (2 sizes)
- One pair of vinyl overboots
- Non-vented goggles
- N95 protective mask
- (4) Don-It® Personal Privacy Kits for victims
- Don-it® Personal Privacy Garment
- Foot covers
- Drying towel
- Mylar blanket
- (4) Collection bags for contaminated clothing
- (1) Decon Shower Sponge - Sponge 3" x 5" (7.6cm x 13cm), 21" (53cm) overall length
- Liquid soap
There are no alternative products.
There are no accessory products.