The AC HotStick is a safety device designed for professional rescuers which provides warning of exposed high voltage AC from a safe distance. The AC HotStick will give early audible ("beeping") and visual (flashing LED) warning of the presence of dangerous voltages without the need to contact the surface carrying the current. The closer the user comes to the source of the voltage, the more rapidly the unit beeps and flashes.
The tool has found many applications, especially with first responders, fire, police, and EMT's responding to vehicular accidents; with search and rescue operations in urban and rural settings; and with clean up crews working on downed trees after wind and ice storms. However, industrial users, and anybody else who may unknowingly be exposed to the dangers of electrical shock and electrocution, will find the AC HotStick a necessity. It is simple to use and is well constructed. It comes with a built in self test so there is never any doubt about it functioning properly. All of these things have made the AC HotStick an invaluable safety tool with a devoted following.
- Confirm power shutdown, lockout, tag out, disconnects
- Find hidden sources of dangerous AC from a safe distance without making physical contact
- Detect power line back feeds from motor generators and energized pools of water
- Ensure a safe environment for your vehicular rescue
- High sensitivity AC amplifier for the frequency range below 100Hz
- Warning signal becomes more rapid as HotStick approaches the source
- Detector will not respond to DC voltages
- Uses AA batteries
There are no alternative products.
There are no accessory products.