Extreme 400 Fire Hose
A heavy weight and durable hose designed for normal day to day wear and tear.
- Heavy interior liner for long life.
- Jackets are woven in the twill weave which is gives a flexible heavy duty jacket.
- Outer jacket comes with a black stripe and heavy yellow urethane coating for greater visibility and abrasion resistance. This treatment also greatly reduces moisture absorption through the jacket.
- Urethane coating makes it resistant to most chemicals, petrol products, ozone, UV exposure, hydrolysis, mildew, and rot
- Remains flexible to -55°C (-65°F)
Service Tested to 400 psi per NFPA - 1962
- Comes with a 2-year warranty against manufacturing defects
Twill and plain weaves are two common types of weaves used in fire hose jackets. Plain weaving is the simplest method, in which warp and weft threads alternate over and under each other at 90 degrees, forming a crisscross pattern.
In twill weaves, a "weft thread is passed over one or more warp threads and then under two or more warp threads and so on, with a ‘step’ or offset between rows to create the characteristic diagonal pattern." This makes fabrics closer in texture, heavier, and stronger than plain weaves do. The major advantages of twill fabric are that it is durable and wears well, and resists soiling. In addition, the reduced number of interlacing’s in twill fabric allows the yarns a greater range of motion and freer movement. A reverse twill weave of the inner jacket also promotes a smooth waterway.
|Hose Diameter||Service Pressure||Proof Pressure||Burst Pressure||Coil Diameter/50'||Weight/50' Uncoupled|
|1.5" (38mm)||400 psi||800 psi||1,200 psi||14.5" (37cm)||10.5lbs. (4.8kg)|
|1.75" (44mm)||400 psi||800 psi||1,200 psi||14.5" (37cm)||12lbs. (5.5kg)|
|2.5" (65mm)||400 psi||800 psi||1,200 psi||16.5" (41.9cm)||20lbs. (9.1kg)|
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.