Firefighters face significant risks today, not only during response, but after the call as well. After leaving a fire, personnel, clothing and equipment are contaminated with cancer causing particulate soot and some items will continue to off-gas VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) that can be inhaled for up to 45 minutes. In addition, medical responses and close quarters in apparatus, increase the chance for exposure to a range of bacterial and viral threats.
A COMPREHENSIVE AND SIMPLE SOLUTION
CrewProtect attacks all three significant problems for firefighters including Particulates, VOCs, and Aerosols carrying bacteria and viruses (including SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19). CrewProtect is a comprehensive and simple solution to help protect first responders from the multiple harmful and carcinogenic airborne contaminants that other filtration systems miss.
CrewProtect is a plug-and-play solution for new or in-service trucks that easily mounts to the roof, wall, or doghouse and connects to standard truck power, drawing only 2 amps.
- Automatically runs whenever the apparatus is in use
- Filtering the air in the average cab every 3.5 minutes, which exceeds the air exchange rate of “clean rooms” and operating rooms in hospitals
- Easy to change long life filters
- Visually alerts you when the filter needs to be replaced
- Plug and play installation connects to standard truck power
- The filter system’s patented technology is the ONLY fire apparatus product that tackles particulates, microbes, and VOCs
How it Works
Mounts in vehicle
Connects to truck power
Automatically runs when the truck is operating
Removes particulates, VOCs, & aerosols carrying bacteria & viruses
- Pre-Filter: Traps dust, pollen, and other large particulate matter.
- PuraWard Fibers: A high efficiency filter protected by an embedded micro-technology containing an EPA registered antimicrobial additive using copper and silver ions to combat many bacteria and viruses.*
- Molecular Filtration: Patented** molecular filtration media removes aerosols carrying viruses from the air, safely oxidizing the molecules, while removing toxic and harmful gases.
- HEPA Filter: Captures PM0.3, PM2.5, allergens, bacteria, viruses, and other particulates.
*Filter protected by an EPA-registered antimicrobial additive. **Patent number US 9,370,763 B
|PuraShield Filtration Technology in Crew Protect™||MERV13-MERV17 Particulate Filtration||HEPA Grade Filtration||UV Lights||Photocatalytic Oxidation (PCO)||Ionization Technology||Activated Carbon||Chemisorbant Filtration|
|Removes large particles (dust, allergens, etc.)|
|Removes 99.97% particles of 0.3μm airborne contaminants|
|Does not generate hazardous airborne chemicals|
|Can remove some aerosolzed viruses, bacteria, and fungi|
|Removes broad spectrum of odours, carcinogens, and other vapor phase contaminants|
|Converts VOCs and other harmful vapours into benign by-products without potentially producing health hazardous species|
|No potential for desorption/reintroduction of adsorbed contaminants from filtration media|
|Performance is insensitive to humidity, temperature, and other environmental factors|
- Dimensions: 4.5" x 20" x 12" (115 x 508 x 305 mm)
- Power Draw: 12Vdc or 24Vdc @ 2A (~50W max)
- Noise: 60 Db.
- Air Flow (3.5 Minutes to Cycle Air): 100 CFM (2832 l/m)
- Filter: Single Filter, Multi-threat (Particulates, VOCs, Aerosols Carrying Bacteria and Viruses)
- Filter Life Indicator: Color LED Light, RFID Technology
- Filter Life: 1,800 Hours Active Usage or 4380 Hours of Intermittent Usage
- Enclosure Material: Charcoal Grey Powder Coated Steel
- Includes mounting brackets
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.