NFE-101 STEEL DECHLORINATING DIFFUSER
Solid steel dechlorinating diffuser for testing hydrant and hose flow without damaging or destroying surrounding property. Complete with inner feed tube for administration of dechlorination tablets and a port for pressure testing. The large square cone shape allows the water to be dispersed harmlessly in a wide pattern. Complete with port upstream of the diffusion for taking readings utilizing pitot tubes or other devices. Available in all major Canadian hose threads (BCT, WCT, CSA, QST, NSST, NFLD). Fully designed and manufactured in Canada. Dechlorination puck not included. Why de-chlorinate? When chlorinated water is discharged from a hydrant; it can drain into lakes, rivers and streams and harm aquatic life. According to the American Water Works Association (AWWA); "water released into the environment shall meet the applicable federal, state, provincial or local authority having jurisdiction provides dechlorination requirements." In Canada; these regulations are generally handled on a municipal level. Please contact your local municipal environmental regulatory organization for more information. An agent should be chosen on the basis of the chlorine concentration of your water system and the total amount of water to be flowed. You will require test strips, a colorimeter or a swimming pool test kit in order to measure before and after your flow test to make sure the correct amount of dechlorinating agent is being used.
NFE-101 Operation Procedure :
1. Before using the diffuser, unthread the plastic cap on top of the diffuser to ensure dechlorinating pucks or pellets are in holding cylinder (if required)
2. Look in through the front grill for any debris. If debris is present, remove screws around front panel, clean out the debris, replace screens and screws after cleanout.
3. Attach diffuser to hydrant gate valve (sold separately)
4. Once diffuser is secured tightly, slowly open valve. As high flow is achieved, open the pitot port for flow measurement, located on right side for PSI flow.
5. When testing is complete, close water valve and remove diffuser.