This rechargeable, ICS sequential “smart flare” incorporates a novel radio-linked network to automatically sequence the flash. Approaching vehicles see a sequential string of flares much like a runway landing “rabbit” that warns and guides traffic around the incident. Easy to deploy, single button press. An advance in traffic guidance and safety.
Available in both a rechargeable version and an alkaline battery version the sequential flares will allow for multiple deployments on a single charge or battery set.
- Intelligent radio technology automatically positions flares in correct sequence for quick and simple deployment.
- Any one flare controls entire network of flares. Changing a parameter such as pattern only requires the user to use one flare. That flare will send a message to the network of flares and will change their patterns as well. In addition, no need to turn off each flare. The user can do a "group off" from any flare and all the flares will turn off.
- 50+ foot range (15 meters) between flares (when on the ground), 1,000 feet (300 meters) when placed on top of a cone. No limit to the number of flares in a string.
- Rugged and compact, the flares can withstand the harsh environment of a roadway while stowing small in vehicle or motorcycle.
- "Moving" light is more effective at alerting and guiding drivers than random-flashing stationary patterns.
- 12 bright through-hole side LEDs, 4 bright surface mount top LEDs
- 1-mile visibility with 360-degree horizontal viewing angle and 180-degree vertical projection
- Uses an accelerometer to detect the flare's orientation. This will automatically choose which set of LEDs to flash. Flare in horizontal position (lying on ground), side LEDs will flash. Vertical position (attached to vehicle), top LEDs will flash. This can be overridden.
- Magnetic base to allow mounting on vehicles, signs, cones, etc. Mounting flares on back of vehicle creates an effective light bar.
- Lock the flash to the top LEDs when the flares are lying horizontally on the ground and you can brightly illuminate a traditional cone.
- Five flash patterns to choose from. Four sequential patterns, one simultaneous pattern.
- Battery status check with a push of a button. No need to unnecessarily change batteries! Ask the flare its' battery state.
- Reverse the sequence direction with a push of a button. From any flare, the user can change the direction of the sequence. This can be done for deployment so that the user can drop the last flare in the sequence first, walk up stream towards traffic, and drop the first flare in the sequence last.
- "Endoskeleton" carrying case allows for quick and safe deployment/retrieval of flares. Leave the flares flashing while you collect and snap them onto the case. The flashing flares in your hand will make you still visible to traffic as you return to your vehicle.
- Battery Life:
- Rechargeable: Nominal ~24-36 hours
- Battery Powered: Minimal ~48 hours, Nominal ~ 36 hours, Maximum ~60 hours
- Rechargeable Charging Time: from depleted battery ~ 5 hours
Single Lamp March
The default pattern: One lamp flashing as it marches down the string. Simple, efficient (battery life 30 hours), effectively guides drivers around an incident.
Two Lamp March
From a distance two lamps flashing provide more visibility and guidance. Slightly greater burden on the battery as each lamp is lit twice per cycle. Expect 24-30 hours of continuous flashing. But it sure looks good!
"Wave" Lamp March
Using Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) we can offer a “tail-off” that provides a more calming effect. Looks smooth and greatly enhances guidance. Uses a bit more energy; expect 20 (or more) hours of continuous flash time.
Want to get the drivers attention? The Pi-Lit “Fast” pattern emulates the airport runway “rabbit” demanding the drivers eye. They can’t miss it, and this pattern quite effectively slows traffic. You will hear drivers exclaim, “What is that?” as they slow down. Uses the least energy; expect 26-30 hours continuous flashing.
More of a tool to designate a barrier or delineator marking the edge of a road way, the simultaneous flash mode can be seen from great distances and paints an edge to the intended path. Battery consumption similar to pattern 3, the “Wave.” Expect 20-24 hours.
Specifications for Pi-Lit LED Sequential Road Flares
|Product Type||Non-rechargeable or Rechargeable|
|Product Quantity||10 Flares or 6 Flares or 4 Flares|
Once the user has seen at least one product this snippet will be visible.