EPIC 3 Voice Amplifier Communication System
Scott Safety's EPIC 3 (Enhanced Performance Integrated Communications) Voice Amplifier provides robust person-to-person communications when using all Scott Air-Pak SCBA, air-supplied and air-purifying respirators with AV-3000 or AV-2000 facepieces. The EPIC 3 Voice Amplifier generates strong, clear voice transmission over a custom speaker.
Contained in a sleek, streamlined package, the voice amplifier projects the voice in the direction the user is facing. An automatic shut-off deactivates the system once it has been idle for 20 minutes to preserve battery life when user forgets to turn off the device. Both a visible and audible low battery alert warns the user when approximately 10% of battery life remains.
- Angled speaker projects the voice in the direction the user is facing
- Automatic shut-off deactivates the system 20 minutes after the last use to preserve battery life
- Intrinsically safe for use with commercially available alkaline and NiMH AAA batteries
- Easy to recognize low battery alert warns the user when only 10% of battery life remains
- Durable, rugged design is robust enough to withstand day-to-day rigors, even in the most extreme applications
- Ribbed, textured surface establishes more secure handling even with wet-gloved hands
- On/Off button with tactile surface makes it easy to recognize activation with a gloved hand or in a noisy environment
- Upgradeable to include radio interface and talk-around multi-channel functionality
- NFPA- and NIOSH-approved (NFPA approvals 2002/2007, 2013 coming soon)
- Optional Bluetooth Radio Interface Voice Amp (RI) allows a user to talk directly over the radio wirelessly through the mask-mounted voice amplifier