Kore Kooler Rehab Chair
The Kore Kooler Rehab Chair is a patented concept, developed by a firefighter himself for firefighters. It essentially entails a modified folding chair with arm reservoirs that contain plastic bags filled with ambient temperature water. After each individual rehab, the bags are removed with the water they contain and a new bag is inserted to be filled with clean water. Foot immersion is far more difficult logistically on the fire ground and while it could also be done, the studies show that forearm immersion alone delivers almost the same cooling power.
There is no need to cool the water in the reservoirs; ambient temperature water from a house spigot, engine pump or hydrant works perfectly. However, cooler water may be used if local EMS protocols allow.
- The chair weight capacity is rated at 300 lbs. (136.0 kg) and features wide rail construction to accommodate the bulk of turnout gear
- The sling construction mimics a hammock effect to relax and support the firefighter comfortably in perfect limb immersion position
- There is an optional REHAB Sun Shade (highly recommended) which clamps to the chair. The Sun Shade has a tension shaft that can be adjusted to block the sun from any direction. This allows us to keep the Sun Shade small enough so as not to obstruct the area of other rehab chair users.
- The REHAB Sun Shade can be silk screened with your fire department’s logo or apparatus marking
- Blue chairs are standard
- Replacement packs of reservoir bags (highly recommended with chair purchases) are available
- Seat height: 16" (43.6 cm)
- Chair weight: 11 lbs. – Empty (5 kg)
Part #566610100 Kore Kooler Rehab chair, vented
carry bag, 2 disposable arm bags
Part #566610105 Quick attach Sun Shade
Part #566610125 50 extra disposable arm reservoir water bags in a plastic pack