FORESTRY FIRE HOSE
Mertex® Lining Process
A unique patented process designed especially for the manufacturing of fire hose was developed exclusively by Mercedes Textiles Limited. This process uses a lining material in a molten state which is then introduced into the fabric jacket as it is being woven at the loom. No adhesives, glues or other bonding agents are used in this process. With this method, a smoother waterway is produced, yielding greater water flow at the discharge end. This continuous process is your assurance that Mercedes Fire Hose will provide the most efficient products available. Some advantages of our Mertex® process are as follows:
- The superior liner adhesion of the Mertex® process allows for the use of high strength Filament Polyester yarn in both the warp & weft directions, for a greater burst safety margin.
- Creates a virtually inseparable bond without the use of adhesives - NO DELAMINATION
- Locks fibers together for even greater strength while still allowing for a high flexibility
- Creates an amazingly thin and smooth waterway which yields an extremely low friction (pressures) loss “HIGHER FLOW”
- Produces lower elongation under pressure. Lower elongation means less back pull when water is suddenly shut-off, resulting in a safer hose to work with in firefighting.
- Permits manufacturing to any desired length up to 100 feet (30.4 metres)